Often in mail, yes, mail, some years ago, my mother from back home in India would send me newspaper/article clippings that she thought would be relevant for me.
I acquired the same habit and started collecting magazine clippings that I thought would be useful for my children when they grow up. While doing some holiday clean-up, I came across this clipping that I no longer need to keep since this content is now accessible by the hands of the internet.
This clipping lists 10 secrets to success taken from Investor Business Daily. Since I only have a cutting of it, I am not able to date it. But hope you find these nuggets relevant and motivating!
- How You Think Is Everything – Always Be Positive. Think success not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
- Decide Upon Your True Dreams And Goals – Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
- Take Action – Goals Are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started. Just do it.
- Never Stop Learning – Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.
- Be Persistent And Work Hard – Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
- Learn To Analyze Details – Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
- Focus Your Time and Money – Don’t let other people or things distract you.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Innovate; Be Different – Following a herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
- Deal And Communicate With People Effectively – No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
- Be Honest And Dependable;Take Responsibility – Otherwise, Nos. 1 – 9 won’t matter.
Reference: Investor’s Business Daily.
2 thoughts on “IBD’s 10 Secrets to Success”
Everything you said above is so true, I have saved newspaper clippings of historical events that have happened during my time in America. Hopefully my kids will enjoy reading them when they are older
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am sure they will!! Just as we cherish what our parents leave for us, they will too..